August is officially here, which means back-to-school season! If your son or daughter is about to begin their college career, they are ready to embark on an adventure. Even though the status of college classes, whether online or in-person, may be up in the air, so to speak, it is still a special moment for both college students and their parents alike. If your son or daughter is starting college and has a car, they are taking a step into adulthood, as they are beginning to learn how to take care of their vehicle all on their own.
The team at Nordgren Automotive has some tips and tricks to help them stay on top of preventative maintenance and avoid potentially costly and dangerous auto repair:
- Make sure to monitor your tires. Improper tire pressure can cause you to get fewer miles per gallon, along with overall increasing wear and tear on your tires. This means you will need to replace your tires sooner than average.
- Keep your vehicle hydrated. Just like how you need to stay cool and hydrated with plenty of water, your car does too! Your vehicle has several fluids running through its engine, including oil, brake fluid, coolant, and power steering fluid. Clean fluids at the appropriate level, keep your vehicle performing in optimal condition. We also want to remind you to replace your windshield wiper fluid -- your windshield wipers are your first line of defense against Mother Nature.
- Don’t forget about your headlights and taillights. Without adequately working lights, your visibility would be severely diminished. Imagine if you were out cruising with your friends after a late-night study session, and your lights stop working! You can avoid a situation like this with routine visits to the team at Nordgren Automotive for preventative maintenance.
- Make sure to have your brakes regularly inspected by a qualified technician. If your brakes are worn or damaged, you won’t be able to stop as quickly or safely. Your brakes are synonymous with safety and shouldn’t be neglected.
- Keep your battery charged and ready to go. There is almost nothing as frustrating as coming out of class after a long day to find your battery dead. We can test your battery during routine maintenance visits to our shop.
Start your school year off on the right foot. Bring your vehicle to the technicians at Nordgren Automotive for an inspection. Schedule your visit online or call the Nordgren Automotive team at (763) 703-1365. We look forward to seeing you soon!