Our vehicles have the power to pull a trailer, which means you can go out on many fun adventures, whether you are towing a horse trailer or perhaps another recreational vehicle. Either way, regardless of what adventure you have planned, safety always should come first. Here are some do’s and don'ts of driving with a trailer:
- Gradually reduce speed.
- Travel at even speed, paying attention to speed limits.
- Turn slowly, not suddenly.
- Pay attention to the road, looking for potholes and bumps.
- Use a lower gear over hills or a gravel road.
- Follow the correct procedures for load distribution and hooking up your vehicle to your trailer.
- Slam on the brake -- jackknifing could occur.
- Keep a close distance to vehicles in front of you.
- Pull out where you can’t see.
- Keep going if you see vehicles piling up behind you.
To ensure your vehicle is ready for any towing, a thorough inspection performed by the team at Nordgren Automotive is the way to go. We will make sure each aspect of your vehicle is safe and secure and ready for whatever adventure you have planned. Schedule an appointment or call us at (763) 703-1365.