Summer is officially here, which means we are all going to be breaking out the bathing suits and sunscreen. However, we can’t forget about our vehicle, as the sun’s UV rays and overall heat pose a threat to your car, just like they do to us. Here are 5 ways to protect your car from the summer heat:
- Park your vehicle under shade: This one seems straightforward, but you would be surprised how many of us actually forget to do this, especially if they are short on time.
- Keep an eye on your tires: During summer, your tires are more likely to blow out due to the increased heat and temperature. If you drive often, you are coming in contact with the road, leading to under-inflated tires. Under-inflated tires on hot roads increase your chance for blowouts.
- Windshield protector: Not only will your vehicle thank you, but you will too, especially when your leather seats and steering wheel aren’t burning hot.
- Get your windows tinted: Tinted windows actually are proven to reduce heat. Window tints actually block UV rays from getting in.
- Your vehicle’s coolant system does a good job of keeping your vehicle’s temperature at an optimal level, but it does require an inspection every now and then by a trusted technician.
Speaking of trusted technicians, the auto mechanics at Nordgren Automotive are ready and willing to perform a thorough inspection to ensure everything is in working order, and your vehicle is ready to beat that heat. Schedule an appointment or call us at (763) 703-1365.